Saturday, June 15, 2013

So, Rift is Free-to-Play.

So, a few posts back, I was talking about MMOs and how much I love SWTOR.  And I do.  However, when we were experimenting with things other than WoW, we stumbled across RIFT and downloaded a free trial.  Unfortunately, at the time, it wouldn't run well on our computers, so we uninstalled it and gave up.

Since then, we've both gotten new computers and my husband came home today and informed me that RIFT was now free-to-play.  You don't get all the perks of subscribers, of course, but still.  And I couldn't help myself.  I downloaded it.  It runs perfectly (victory!) but it is having a few hiccups as it downloads.  It will let you play as it's downloading, like WoW will, but it's getting to the point where it keeps screwing up, probably because I am playing.  So, I'm laying off for an hour or so to let it download.

However, I did take screenshots of my two little toons.  One Defiant and one Guardian.  Not gonna lie - I like my Guardian better, so far.


That's Sarait, who is a High Elf Cleric... Shaman, I think?  The talent trees are hella confusing, because there are four main classes, but then there are all these subclasses and then talent trees.  Still, she's cool and is my favorite, so far.



And that's Taurel, who is a Kelari Gravelord (Mage).  She's also got pretty bitchin' hair.  Anyway, I'm actually pretty excited about having a WoW-ish alternative to SWTOR that isn't costing me, monthly.  Plus, it's always fun to start a new MMO.

We'll probably make it back to WoW eventually, but for now, SWTOR and the occasional RIFT, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment